Have you heard about Nokia’s contingency plan if Windows Phone failed? Nokia teams up with Microsoft to try to regain its market share because Symbian is continue to loss its users. It happens because Nokia is too slow in giving update for Symbian smartphones.
Nokia has launched some device with Windows Phone 7, such as Nokia Lumia 610, 710, 800, and 900. Unfortunately, Microsoft announced that all WP7 devices will not get update to WP8. They only get Windows Phone 7.8 update.
It is expected that various solutions prepared by Nokia will help the company rise again and get its market share back. Some speculations that may help Nokia to reach its expectation are:
- Fix Meego/Maemo. MeeGo Team has separated from Nokia.
- Switch to Android. At first Nokia didn’t want to use Android because it have to use Google Maps, Gmail, and others instead of Nokia’s service.
- Working together with RIM
- Focus on S40 feature phone
- Enlarge marketing campaign for Windows Phone smartphone
Will Nokia success with Windows Phone? If not, what is the best option for Nokia?